Health and Safety Awareness (CITB)
About this Course
Our Health and Safety Awareness Course (HSA) is CITB accredited and delivered by our in-house qualified and experienced course instructors.
Who is this for?
This one-day introductory CITB training course is aimed at operatives and newcomers to the construction industry. It is an ideal foundation course for those wishing to obtain an industry accreditation certificate.
This course includes the following elements:
- What is expected of site operatives and how they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
- An understanding of the need to prevent accidents, and the importance of reporting accidents and unsafe acts.
- A basic understanding of health and safety law.
- Understanding the need for risk assessments and method statements.
- Identify how their role fits into the safety management on the site.
- An appreciation of the need to work safely and to stop and ask for advice if unsure.
- An understanding of health & welfare, manual handling, working at height, PPE, fire prevention and control, emergency procedures & first aid, electrical safety on site, hazardous substances, hand-held equipment and tools, noise and vibration, excavations and confined spaces, and site transport safety on site.
What are the Benefits for Employers?
This CITB course has been designed to help operatives and newcomers working in the construction industry to understand the potential hazards that they face on a construction site. It provides a practical summary of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, identifying the delegate’s responsibility for looking after themselves and others.
This course also outlines the employer’s duties and explains what should be done if the worker thinks that anyone else’s health and safety is being put at risk.
Delegates will be assessed using a multiple-choice question format at the end of the course.
£160 + VAT per person including workbooks registration, certification and all exam fees.
This is an in-house course only and can be run for 6 or more delegates at your location anywhere in the UK.
What our customers say?
"From booking the course to finally gaining my results, BV have been outstanding. Booking the relevant courses with Claire was so straight forward - she helps you through everything you are required to do for the courses and made the process so simple. All the administration was delivered to a high professional standard. Health and safety is not going to go away, so by gaining the NEBOSH qualifications individuals will enhance their understanding and employers can use it to make any workplace safe."
"This NEBOSH course was run extremely well with the instructor who delivered the course having excellent knowledge and experience. He was always happy to help and explain if you did not grasp the subject fully. I intend to use this provide again and I will be recommending them to my colleagues to use in the future."