Distance e-Learning NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
About this Course
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management has been offered since 2005 and is already established as a leading qualification in fire safety.
You will become trained in the legal requirements, the principles of fire and explosion and the causes and prevention of fires and fire protection.
It also aims to equip holders to contribute to the conduct and review of fire risk assessments and preventative and protective measures within most low risk workplaces, in accordance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
NEBOSH qualifications are globally recognised by employers in all industry sectors. Holding a range of qualifications in health and safety can be an advantage in today’s job market.
Download the NEBOSH Fact Sheet here.
Who is this for?
- Managers, supervisors and individuals with fire safety responsibility.
- Individuals carrying out a role as a Safety Adviser.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the health and safety legalities relating to fire.
- Identify solutions to the causes of fire and explosion.
- Deploy measures to minimise fire risk.
- Advise on the management and maintenance of fire evacuation procedures.
- Undertake a simple fire risk assessment of a workplace.
The NEBOSH Fire Certificate is divided into three units, each of which is assessed separately:
- NGC1 Management of Health and Safety
- FC1 Fire Safety and Risk Management
- FC2 Practical Fire Risk Assessment
If you have successfully completed the NGC 1 in the last 5 years you will be exempt from this Unit.
Click here to see the full course syllabus
What are the Benefits for Employers?
The vast majority of fire-related incidents can be avoided using sound health, fire safety and risk management.
Many larger organisations choose the NEBOSH National Fire Safety Certificate as a key part of their supervisors’ or management development programme.
This qualification is also suitable for smaller organisations operating in lower risk environments, to assist in meeting the requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and/or the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006.
This course can be completed in as little as 5-days, however, we will initially give you 3-months to complete this online training course including your exam day.
The award of NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate requires a pass in the following two exams completed as part of your training:
- FC1 – Examination paper (120 mins)
- FC2 – Practical test – a basic workplace risk assessment and the preparation of a report following the course.
To obtain the full NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety & Risk Management Learners need to have completed NGC1.
English language skill level 6 or higher in IELTS, or equivalent is recommended, but not mandatory, for those whom the first language is not English.
The Distance Learning NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management is just £750 including VAT and all examination fees. This includes access to our online e-LMS training platform and all exam fees.
Complete one of our multiple course packages from £1500 including VAT and all exam fees.
Payment plans available – spread your course costs over 6-months.
Here at BV Associates we can offer you the following courses via our e-Learning Management System (e-LMS):
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (Distance Learning )
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management (Distance Learning )
- NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management (Distance Learning )
- NEBOSH Certificate in Construction (Conversion)(Distance Learning ) – from Jan 21
- NEBOSH HSE Incident Investigation (Distance Learning )
When you are completing our Distance Learning NEBOSH courses, you take control of your learning and are supported throughout by our highly experienced Instructors. You tell us when you want to start and we will discuss when you need to finish the course by. It is normally 3-months, but we know life throws curve balls at us all, so if needed we will work with you to extend the deadline (as long as you give us notice). On completion of this training you will feel ready for your exam day. Payment plans available – spread your course costs over 6-months.
What our customers say?
"BV Associates are a top provider and highly recommended. They make themselves there for you, helping every step of the way."
"To me Claire (Learner Administrator BVA Ltd) has always been a blessing to me. l was in a bad place and she held my hand like a son and a mother and not many will understand how bad it was, but am happy with where l am now. Touched by an Angel, thanks Dean Ferguson [Director of Training] for giving us such a kind hearted person."