Distance e-Learning NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
About this Course
This course enables people to manage workplace health and safety risks effectively. A NEBOSH National General Certificate will provide sufficient understanding of fundamental health and safety risks and methods of applying health and safety law. It is the most widely held health and safety qualification in the UK.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate will give you invaluable knowledge and skills and a globally respected qualification that supports your current role and your long-term career.
Who is this for?
Managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations who need a broad understanding of health and safety issues. The certificate helps them manage risks effectively. Many people take the NEBOSH General Certificate as the basis for a career in health and safety or to improve their employment prospects in other industries. It provides a valuable overview, and is a sound basis for further professional study.
Download the NEBOSH Fact Sheet here
With in-depth focus on the things that matter, the NEBOSH National General Certificate covers:
- How to effectively manage health and safety
- How to identify and control common workplace hazards
- How to measure if you’ve been successful
- The UK’s key legal requirements
Risk assessment is central to the qualification. Through study and workplace application, successful learners will be able to:
- Confidently carry out risk assessments
- Develop and implement a detailed action plan
- Manage and minimise workplace risks
- Support and develop your company’s health and safety culture
The NEBOSH Certificate is divided into two units NG1 and NG2 which are assessed separately:
NG1 is broken down into four elements made up of:
- Element 1: Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2: How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3: Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Element 4: Health and safety monitoring and measuring
NG2 is a practical risk assessment exercise demonstrating an understanding of elements 5 – 11 including:
- Element 5: Physical and psychological health
- Element 6: Musculoskeletal health
- Element 7: Chemical and biological agents
- Element 8: General workplace issues
- Element 9: Work equipment
- Element 10: Fire
- Element 11: Electricity
Click here to see the full course syllabus
What are the Benefits for Employers?
Many larger organisations choose the NEBOSH National General Certificate as a key part of their supervisors’ or management development programme. By ensuring that line managers have a sound understanding of the principles of risk management, they build an effective safety culture in the company. Smaller organisations, operating in lower risk environments, often choose the NEBOSH National General certificate as the appropriate qualification for the manager taking the lead on health and safety issues.
This course can be completed in as little as 10-days, however, we will initially give you 3-months to complete this online training course including your exam day.
This modern qualification combines activities, learning and interactive materials to provide you with an interesting and engaging experience. It focuses on key skills that means you can instantly apply the knowledge you gain and add value to your existing or future employer.
Assessment is a two-step process:
- A question paper to assess what you know
- A practical risk assessment to assess what you can do
Both assessments are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH. These examiners are chosen for their experience and expertise to ensure that learners are assessed by the very best from our industry.
English language skill level 6 or higher in IELTS, or equivalent is recommended, but not mandatory, for those whom the first language is not English.
The e-Learning NEBOSH National General Certificate is just £900 including VAT. This includes access to the e-LMS online platform and all exam fees.
Complete one of our multiple course packages from £1500 including VAT and all examination fees. This includes access to our online e-LMS training platform and all exam fees.
Complete one of our multiple course packages from £1500 including VAT and all exam fees.
Payment plans available – spread your course costs over 6-months.
Here at BV Associates we can offer you the following courses via our e-Learning Management System (e-LMS):
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (e-Learning)
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management (e-Learning)
- NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management (e-Learning)
- NEBOSH Certificate in Construction (Conversion)(e-Learning) – from Jan 21
- NEBOSH HSE Incident Investigation (e-Learning)
When you are completing our e-Learning NEBOSH courses, you take control of your learning and are supported throughout by our highly experienced Instructors. You tell us when you want to start and we will discuss when you need to finish the course by. It is normally 3-months, but we know life throws curve balls at us all, so if needed we will work with you to extend the deadline (as long as you give us notice). On completion of this training you will feel ready for your exam day. Payment plans available – spread your course costs over 6-months.
What our customers say?
"The course material and delivery by BV Associates was very good, I would highly recommend them to any one looking for similar courses. The instructors are all ex-military so they understand the best way of transferring the information to service and ex-service personnel."
"From booking the course to finally gaining my results, BV have been outstanding. Booking the relevant courses with Claire was so straight forward - she helps you through everything you are required to do for the courses and made the process so simple. All the administration was delivered to a high professional standard. Health and safety is not going to go away, so by gaining the NEBOSH qualifications individuals will enhance their understanding and employers can use it to make any workplace safe."