Fire Risk Assessment Practical Training
About this Course
Our Fire Risk Assessment Awareness training course provides more depth of knowledge and practical experience to those who already hold the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management qualification. The course will teach you how to implement fire safety law, how to carry out a fire risk assessment and the fire safety systems, equipment, and procedures you must have in place.
Understanding these is crucial to comply with legal requirements, to minimise the chance of a fire starting, and so people can evacuate your premises if necessary.
Who is this for?
Our Fire Risk Assessment Practical Awareness training course is designed for people who have have completed the NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management course and are looking for practical experience. Many add this course as a package to the more theoretical NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management course.
It is also suitable for anyone whoo is responsible for implementing fire safety procedures and carrying out risk assessments in their office or shop. It contains comprehensive information about the various standards buildings must meet to minimise fire risks and provide sufficient evacuation routes.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand what you are required to do under fire safety law to get your premises up to code.
- Know how to carry out a Fire Risk Assessments.
- Know what to include in your fire plan.
- Understand how to carry out effective fire drills.
- Understand the Fire Safety Triangle and the different classes of fire.
- Be able to recognise where hazards may exist in your building and implement suitable measures to control them.
- Know what detection and suppression equipment you should implement.
- Understand what evacuation procedures you must have in place, including what standards your escape routes must meet.
- Be able to identify vulnerable people who may need additional fire safety measures and understand how to create personal emergency evacuation plans.
What are the Benefits for Employers?
If you are the owner or employer of an office or shop, you are required by law to implement suitable fire safety measures. You must make sure your building is up to code before people visit it, or begin work in it. You should understand what duties you must fulfil to ensure your building meets suitable safety standards.
All those attending with receive a BVA certificate of attendance.
What Our Students Say
£540 + VAT per person
This course can be run at your location anywhere in the UK for 1- 4 people depending on your requirements.
What our customers say?
"2 courses completed with BV Associates, very professional company that delivers a great standard of training. I have had the joy of Nik Taylor as an instructor on both courses and his training style and delivery of the subject matter is second to non. Thank you all at BV Associates for everything you have done to help me gain these qualifications and I am happy to recommend you to anyone."
Director at RTJ Training Ltd
"Thank you so very much for the fantastic news about my exams results and achieving a credit. It was clearly worth all the late nights studying and approaching the course with the right attitude. I thoroughly enjoyed the course and I am really looking forward to attending the environmental management course. The experience will be the next contributing factor to the results I have gained to date."