NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation
Who is this for?
We deliver our NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation course via Live-streaming. You can train from the comfort of your own home with the same quality of delivery. Please call us to discuss delivery dates. We are currently offering a £70 + VAT discount on the advertised course cost below.
This qualification is for anyone who wants to carry out incident investigations effectively.
Employers, supervisors, SHE champions, union and safety representatives will benefit. Attending the course will enable you to:
- Independently investigate simple incidents
- Gather evidence including conducting witness interviews
- Produce an action plan to prevent a recurrence of an incident
- Contribute to team investigations for large scale incidents
- Positively impact the safety culture in your organisation
Download the NEBOSH Course Information Sheet
The one day NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation covers the following topics:
- Moral, legal and financial arguments for investigations
- Human and organisational factors that can contribute to an incident
- The process for investigating incidents
- Positive interview strategies and the barriers to successful interviews
The NEBOSH Incident Investigation course has one main unit which is split into the following elements:
Unit INV1: Introduction to Incident Investigation
- Element 1: Understand why incident investigations are carried out and how human and organisational factors contribute to incidents.
- Element 2: Understand how to investigate incidents and confidently carry out investigations.
Click here to view the full course syllabus
1-Day but we will give you up to 2 weeks to complete the training.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
A 60-minute practical assessment. You will be provided with a pack of evidence and shown a video of three witness interviews. You will be asked to review the evidence, evaluate each interview and produce an action plan that will help prevent a recurrence of an incident.
English language skill level 6 or higher in IELTS, or equivalent is recommended, but not mandatory, for those whom the first language is not English.
£420 + VAT per person including workbooks, registration, certification and all exam fees.
This course can be run in house for 6 or more people – call now on 01494 864100 to discuss options and prices.
What our customers say?
"I have so far completed my General, Fire and Environmental courses with BV. I have had no problems at all with any of the administration and information is free flowing in both directions. The staff are always willing to help. The courses are delivered in such a way that you understand and the knowledge retention methods are second to none. Exam techniques are also mentioned to assist anyone who has doubts. I am just about to book a five year update for the General Certificate and again no problems getting on the courses or getting details.
Overall a great experience which has now spanned over 8 years with many more to come I’m sure."
Claire and Nik at BV Associates were professional at all times. Claire talked me through the whole application process and was always there to answer any question I may of had regarding administration of the course or the assessments. Nik was a constant professional, very knowledgeable and always offered time outside of the scheduled course timings to help with queries or questions regarding course content. I will definitely be using BV Associates again for future H&S courses.