Fire Risk Assessment Practical Training
About this Course
Our Fire Risk Assessment Awareness training course provides more depth of knowledge and practical experience to those who already hold the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management qualification. The course will teach you how to implement fire safety law, how to carry out a fire risk assessment and the fire safety systems, equipment, and procedures you must have in place.
Understanding these is crucial to comply with legal requirements, to minimise the chance of a fire starting, and so people can evacuate your premises if necessary.
Who is this for?
Our Fire Risk Assessment Practical Awareness training course is designed for people who have have completed the NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management course and are looking for practical experience. Many add this course as a package to the more theoretical NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management course.
It is also suitable for anyone whoo is responsible for implementing fire safety procedures and carrying out risk assessments in their office or shop. It contains comprehensive information about the various standards buildings must meet to minimise fire risks and provide sufficient evacuation routes.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand what you are required to do under fire safety law to get your premises up to code.
- Know how to carry out a Fire Risk Assessments.
- Know what to include in your fire plan.
- Understand how to carry out effective fire drills.
- Understand the Fire Safety Triangle and the different classes of fire.
- Be able to recognise where hazards may exist in your building and implement suitable measures to control them.
- Know what detection and suppression equipment you should implement.
- Understand what evacuation procedures you must have in place, including what standards your escape routes must meet.
- Be able to identify vulnerable people who may need additional fire safety measures and understand how to create personal emergency evacuation plans.
What are the Benefits for Employers?
If you are the owner or employer of an office or shop, you are required by law to implement suitable fire safety measures. You must make sure your building is up to code before people visit it, or begin work in it. You should understand what duties you must fulfil to ensure your building meets suitable safety standards.
All those attending with receive a BVA certificate of attendance.
What Our Students Say
£540 + VAT per person
This course can be run at your location anywhere in the UK for 1- 4 people depending on your requirements.
What our customers say?
"Would just like to thank Dean Ferguson at BV Associates and his team, especially Jon Gow for the totally professional delivery of the NEBOSH NGC 1 & 2 syllabuses. Totally blown away by the the expert industry knowledge that Jon has to offer. Jon explained in detail and simple terms each and every part of the course. Initially I thought it was going to be death by PowerPoint for two weeks, however, Jon’s programming of daily home work and morning confirmatory syndicate break out revision sessions were very worthwhile and engaged all on the course with different learning styles. H&S can been seen as a ‘Dry’ subject to some but Jon made it something more worthwhile to learn and gain knowledge about. I personally feel I am fully prepared for the exams next week. Jon is a total credit to BV Associates Ltd."
"BVA are very very prompt in their communication and very flexible with assisting you to complete the courses. Trainers are very knowledgeable and approachable. I've used this training provider before and would recommend them again."