Working at Height Training
About this Course
Working at Height is any work on, below or above ground level where there is risk of personal injury through falling and/or a potential risk to people below the work site being injured by falling objects. Working at Height training is essential to all who engage in any activities that require you to work, supervise, plan or organise work at height, include the safe use of ladders.
Who is this for?
The course is suitable for people in a range of industries, not just scaffolding and construction: people in the emergency services, military, maintenance, and even stage and theatre would be relevant delegates to attend. If you work in conditions in which you use harnesses, ladders or fall arrest apparatus, this course is suitable for you.
This course will cover the following topics:
- An introduction to working at heights
- The legislation surrounding working at heights
- The duties of an employer and employee whilst working at height
- Aware of different types of work carried out at height and the possible hazards and risks involved
- Aware of the importance of organising a planning prior to starting work at height
- Aware of the safe systems of work procedures required to carry out work at height
- Familiar with the correct types of PPE and equipment used when working at height and how to inspect them
- Roof access and egress
- Avoidance of a fall
- Using ladders and step ladders
- Lifting devices
What are the Benefits for Employers?
Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Working at Height Regulations 2005, every person in the chain up to and including the user has a duty of care both to themselves and others to know and understand the practical implications of working at height. Demonstration of competence is a key requirement to the regulations and successful complete of a course provides proof of such user competence.
0.5 theory or 1 Day theory and practical courses are available.
A BVA certificate of training in an awareness of the safe working at height practices.
1 Day: £160 + VAT per person
- Minimum attendance: 6
- Cost for 6 students: £960 + VAT
0.5-day course available – please contact us for more information.
What our customers say?
"On my transition from the forces to the civilian sector, I used BVA as my NEBOSH course provider. Well the results speak for themselves, 3 out of 3 passed and on my first attempt with all. The advice given by the advisors (Claire) was superb. The professionalism continues with their first-rate instructors. I could not be happier with the way the courses progressed. First rate from start to finish!"
"Fantastic company, great tutors. Would recommend this company 100% to anyone who wishes to attend any training course."
Ministry of Defence